Source; @wavesaftermidnight (insta)
This catchy little phrase came to me while I was delayed on the TTC (as per usual).
I was thinking of all the quick, mini things I was doing to take care of my skin, and this phrase literally popped into my mind!
I’ve shared my more in-depth ritual behind how I take care of my skin here, which really dives in to the clean details. While an everyday routine for our outsides AND insides is important, here are some quick and easy things we can do on the daily to
stop, drop and GLOOOOW
- Drink 👏 More 👏 Water 👏
I know we’ve heard this from our mums, aunts, and grandmothers but its truuuue! Although I know it can get boring, this is how I keep it exciting;
↬ Drink out of something that feels special. ↟ I drink from my fave cute purple swell water bottle
↬ Mix it up! I thrifted a SodaStream so that I could make fun bubbly water for the days I’m feeling less than enthused about drinking regular water
- Slices of lemon, lime, cucumber, oranges are all faves
- If you have doterra Essential Oils a love lime, lemon, and grapefruit!
↬ Lemon slices, peppermint leaves, ginger chunks are all lovely (especially in the morning)
- If you have these in doterra Essential Oil form is keeps it extra quick and east (and messless!)
2) Add kale/spinach 🥬 (lutein), carrots, sweet potato, and pumpkin 🥕(Betacarotene) into your diet!
↬ Carrots and dip (usually hummus or lentil based dips) are my faaave snack
3) Say nice things to your skin 🥰
↬ See a blemish? That’s our skins way of trying to protect us. Instead of getting super angry, or picking at it (I’m guilty of this too) say “Hey! Are we good? Can you get you anything? Maybe some water to help flush this out?”
** other things you can say to your skin include (but are not limited to)
- Girl, you look good
- Hey babes, how are we doing today?
- I love you, thank you
4) Be mindful HOW you wash/moisturise 🙆♀️
- Please do not aggresively scrub your skin like you’re trying to take a layer off.
- Gentle circles, all the way around your face
- Moisturize by dabbing onto skin, and then massaging product into your skin with love!
5) Adapt your ritual to the changing weather ☃️
↬ For anyone heading into winter we want to think gentle exfoliation to get out any extra dirt stuck to us from the snow. Also to massage away any flakiness that has come up during the day
↬ We want to moisturize in layers, so that as our vents are pumping stale hot air (blessed for this) into our dwellings, its not also taking moisture from our skin.
- I did a whole post on my skin care, with this exact method. You can find it here!
↬ SUNSCREEN IS STILL IMPORTANT. I know it may not feel like it, but you can still get a sunburn in the winter!
💖 An extra note on kindness; the holidays are all about enjoying time doing what you love, with the people you love. This may mean eating a bit differently, or if you drink alcohol, it might mean a change in consumption. If you are drinking, you will definitely need to build more water into your day to keep the glow going.
As we have a rollercoaster of visiting, eating, celebrating and joyousness, be kind to yourself. If not for your own personal sanity, then for the sanity of your skin (it feels stress too!)
What do you think?! Are you ready toooo
STOP DROP AND GLOOOOWWWW
I think you are 😉
love, love, love